Just as I began writing this post you commented that this mornings coffee is awesome & I must have done something special to it. I said no & that is the truth but your coffee is always ≥ my coffee.
Upon tasting each cup I assess which is better. If your coffee is better than my coffee I leave the two mugs alone. If my coffee is better than your coffee I mix the two.
This is how I make coffee for posterity’s sake.
- Fill the large plastic cup with water to the top ridge & heat in electric kettle
- Pour 2 level & 1 heaping spoonfuls (the one Nikki got me) of ground coffee into the French press
- Fill mugs with hot water so they won’t cool the coffee
- When the kettle boils pour water into the French press & stir with a chopstick
- Set the timer for 4:45
- At 1 min till pour hot water out of mugs
- Place 2 almost level tsp of sugar & 3 Asian soup spoons of ½ & ½ into your mug
- Place 2 heaping tsp of sugar & 4 Asian soup spoons of ½ & ½ into my mug
- Pour hot coffee into the mugs
- Stir well (you hate finding sugar in the bottom)
- Apply above taste rule
All the much, Mingo